MiniTool Partition Wizard Free can also be the very best recommendation. Like what we’ve said at first, it provides Split Partition attribute which can help split a partition to several components. What is more, more options are provided with this elastic partition manager. Detailed steps are displayed below:
Method 1. Split partition to several parts — functions for FAT and NTFS partitions
- choose the USB drive partition and then select Split Partition in the activity panel.
- From the Split Partition window, you visit MiniTool Partition Wizard automatically divides the partition into two components and decides their partition size for you. However, you may also move the slider leftwards/rightwards to ascertain the partition size on your own. After doing so, click on the OK button.
- Click Employ on the toolbar and then affirm the performance if you find a message.
Step 2. Resize and produce — functions for FAT and NTFS partitions
The next option for you will be to shrink the current partition and make use of this unallocated space to create new walls.
- Choose the partition to the USB drive and then select Move/Resize Partition in the left side panel.
- From the Move/Resize Partition window, then drag the slider leftwards to devote some disc space. It is also possible to precise the partition size by going into the partition size right. Click OK to return to the major interface.
- Click Employ.
- Choose the unallocated space only released and select Produce Partition in the left side panel. Follow the manual to complete producing another partition.
Imagine if the partition has additional document systems rather than FAT and NTFS? If that’s the instance, you need to first of back up important information, delete the present partition then and make partitions one by one on the USB drive eventually. Hint: Use Disk Management to help.
It’s stated that you may also make several partitions on a USB drive inside Disk Control on the requirement that the operating system that your PC is operating in Windows 10 Version 1703. Please be sure that the latest version of Windows ADK is set up. Then you can follow the guide below to make multiple partitions on a USB drive:
- Right-click the partition to the USB drive and then choose”Shrink Volume” in the context menu. (Hint: you ought to understand that Windows can only shrink a partition which has NTFS or RAW file program. Thus, you want to format the partition to NTFS in case it’s other document systems. )
- Instantly Disk Control is querying shrink area for you. Within another port, you are able to enter the quantity of room to shrink in MB and click the Shrink button.
- Click on the unallocated space introduced only now and then select”New Straightforward Volume”. Adhere to the New Straightforward Volume Wizard and decide the quantity dimensions, drive, file system, allocation unit size, volume tag and click on Next > Finish.
“These tips helped produce several partitions on a USB drive. Why don’t you download MiniTool Partition Wizard Free and have a go? “Click to tweet
Understanding how to partition USB flash drive/thumb drive, the way to manage the previously established partitions? Do not worry, MiniTool Partition Wizard makes it all simple. Here we’d love to show you a few attributes which may be utilized regularly. Finest Partition Manager for USB Drive
In the aforementioned operations, you understand MiniTool Partition Wizard is really of fantastic help when it comes to partitioning the hard disk. In reality, it’s considerably more powerful. Here you are able to see more attributes it possesses to assist you boss USB drive batter.
Since USB drives are constantly removed and attached to computers using different operating systems, there are times when you might locate that the USB drive isn’t available on another PC. Anyway, a USB drive may become inaccessible due to the RAW file program and Windows asks you to format it. If these are the instances you experience, you need to look at altering the file system of this USB drive.
However, just how to change file when a partition is created? The simpler way we believe would be to format the hard drive using the new file system. But recall formatting will result in data loss, and that means you have to transfer important files into a secure place beforehand to prevent data loss. Hint: You can just format USB drive inside Windows. But if you find that the”Windows was not able to finish the Format” Error, you ought to utilize MiniTool Partition Wizard rather than
- Choose the USB partition and select Format Partition in the activity panel.
- Drop-down the file system list to decide on the file system that you want before you click on OK.
- After you find the primary interface, press Employ over the toolbar.
You may also be interested in our own manual These 3 Ways Helps Format USB to NTFS in Windows 10/8/7.
Convert between FAT and NTFS
At times you might only need to convert a FAT/FAT32 partition into NTFS since you will save individual files bigger than 4GB into the USB drive but Windows says”document is too big for the destination file program “. MiniTool Partition Wizard makes it possible to perform the conversion without data loss. Simply Choose the FAT/FAT32 partition on the USB drive and then select Convert FAT to NTFS in the activity panel and click the Start button at the pop-up window.
Furthermore, if you use the USB drive on PS3/PS4 to play games, then you’ll realize that NTFS isn’t supported. In cases like this, you need to convert the NTFS partition to FAT32. In the same way, MiniTool Partition Wizard delivers the method to convert NTFS back to FAT32 without information loss. But you ought to be aware of that this is a paid feature that’s available only in the Pro and much more advanced editions (see Edition Comparison). Receive a copy of the Pro variant if you’re interested.
Oftentimes, a USB drive may be used by numerous men and women. So it’s important to stop privacy. As we all know, specialist data recovery software can quickly retrieve lost/deleted information from deleted/formatted/damaged walls. The most effective way to stop privacy leaks would be to wipe the disc thoroughly. Fortunately, MiniTool Partition Wizard delivers this sort of attributes known as”Wipe Disk” and”Wipe Partition”.
We take Wipe Disk for Example.
- Choose the USB drive in the disk, Then select Wipe Disk in the activity panel.
- From the pop-up window, then pick a wiping system and then click OK to come back to the major interface. Be aware of the slower the wiping procedure, the greater the safety you become. But to keep the service life of this USB drive, don’t wipe disk often if you don’t just take action.
- Click Employ on the upper left corner. Be aware that the wiping procedure can last long, please wait patiently.