Avoid Spotify from the beginning when your computer boots by disabling automatic startup.
- Select “Edit‘ > “Preferences” in Microsoft Windows or “Spotify” > “Preferences” in MacOS.
- Scroll all the way into the bottom and pick the”Show Advanced Settings” button.
- Scroll to the “Startup and Window Behaviour” section.
- For Your”Open Spotify automatically once you login the computer” setting, then use the drop-down menu to choose”No“.
The setting will be automatically saved after it is chosen. Now Spotify shouldn’t more automatically launch if you start your PC. I must mention that I found a service referred to as”SpotifyWebHelper” which permits you to begin Spotify out of a web page. You are able to disable”SpotifyWebHelper” from the beginning by turning the”Permit Spotify to be launched on the internet ” setting to”Away “.
Step 2 (Windows Only)
- Right-click a blank area of the taskbar, then select”Task Manager“.
- Select the “Startup” tab.
- Right-click”Spotify“, then pick”Disable“.